Custom Upholstery, Cushions, and Bedding
Upholstery is the process of covering furniture with fabric and padding. In the late 17th century, upholsterers began to combine upholstery and furniture making, creating some of the most iconic pieces of furniture we have today.
New couch cushions, custom pillows, chair seat covers, custom bedding, and upholstered chairs are popular ways to add a personal touch to your home. You can use upholstery to create a unique look for any room in your home, and it can be used to protect furniture from wear and tear or to change the look of a piece. Whether you’re looking for a new look for your sofa or a custom chair for your bedroom, custom upholstery from Wei Wei Drapery Inc. in Denver is a great way to add style and comfort to your home.
Upholstery Weight and Number of Rubs
Different upholstery fabrics have different weights and qualities. The weight of the fabric is measured in ounces per yard, and the quality is measured in rubs. Upholstery fabrics with a higher number of rubs are more durable and resistant to wear and tear. (Rubs refers to the number of times the fabric can be sat on before wear shows.) Medium-quality upholstery fabric should sustain 20,000 to 30,000 double rubs or the action of someone sitting down and then getting up.
Your couches are a big investment, and you want them to look and feel great. But daily wear and tear on your couch can make it look worn and feel uncomfortable. Custom sofa cushions and throw pillows are a great way to add comfort and style to your couch. You can choose from a variety of fabrics, colors, and designs to create the perfect look for your home. We can even create custom pillow covers for your existing decorative pillows. We also create custom cushions for restaurants and all commercial applications.
There are a few things to consider when choosing the best fabric for your sofa cushions.
- Think about how you will use the couch. If it’s a family room couch that will be used often, you’ll want a durable fabric that can withstand heavy use. A cotton blend or leather is a good choice for durability and comfort. Wool upholstery fabric is durable and easy to maintain, so it’s another great option for active-lifestyle homes. If you’re looking for a couch that you’ll use more for entertaining or for looks, you might want to choose a more luxurious fabric like velvet. These fabrics are beautiful but may require more care.
- Think about the color and pattern of the fabric. You’ll want to choose a color that compliments your existing decor. If you have a lot of patterns in your room, you might want to choose a solid color for your couch. If you have a more neutral room, you might want to add a pop of color with your upholstery. Patterns can also be a great way to add interest to a room. Choose a small-scale print if you want something subtle, or go bold with a large-scale print.
- Consider the feel of the fabric. You’ll want to choose a fabric that feels good to the touch. Some materials look great but aren’t so comfortable to lounge on.
Your bed is one of the most important pieces of furniture in your home. It’s where you rest and relax, so you want it to be comfortable and stylish. It can set the tone for the whole room and make a big difference in the way you feel when you wake up in the morning. Custom bedding is a great way to achieve both. You can choose from a variety of fabrics, colors, and designs to create the perfect look for your bedroom. We can even create custom pillows and covers for your existing pillows.
There are a few things to consider when choosing the fabric for your bedding.
- Think about the climate you live in. Choose a light, breathable fabric like cotton or linen if you live in a warm climate. If you live in a colder climate, choose a warmer fabric like flannel or wool.
- Think about the style of your bedroom. If you want a more formal look, you’ll want to choose a luxurious fabric like silk or satin. If you’re looking for something more casual, choose a cotton blend or a microfiber.
- Choose a fabric that is easy to care for. Some fabrics require dry cleaning, while others can be machine washed. Be sure to learn about the care instructions before making your final decision.
Your chairs are an important part of your home and restaurant décor. They provide comfort and style and can make a big difference in the way your room looks and feels. Custom upholstered chair and stool covers are a great way to achieve both. You can choose from a variety of fabrics, colors and designs to create the perfect look for your home or restaurant.
If you have pets or children, you know how important it is to keep your upholstery clean. Hair can be difficult to remove, and regular vacuuming can only do so much. That’s where hair seat covers come in. They’re designed to fit over your upholstered furniture and protect it from hair, dirt, and stains. They’re easy to care for and can be machine washed, keeping your upholstery looking like new.
Upholstery can be a breeding ground for dust mites, so keeping it clean is important. Vacuum regularly with an upholstery attachment. Spot clean spills as soon as they happen. Test the cleaning solution on a small area of the upholstery first to ensure it won’t damage the fabric.
- Use furniture covers or slipcovers to protect your upholstery from dirt, spills, and pet hair. You can also use throw blankets and pillows to keep your upholstery looking new.
- Upholstery stain repellent spray is a great way to protect your upholstery from spills and stains. It’s easy to use and can be sprayed on upholstered furniture, car seats, clothing, and more. Be sure to test the spray on a small area of the upholstery first to make sure it won’t damage the fabric.
Custom upholstery is a great way to elevate your home décor, and it can make a big difference in the way your room looks and feels. Our designers can help you choose from a variety of fabrics, colors, and designs to create the perfect look for your home. If you need custom upholstery in Denver, Wei Wei Drapery Inc. can help you find the perfect couch cushions, custom bedding, and chair and stool covers. Come and see us today.