Woven Wood Shades – An Eco-Friendly Choice!
Woven wood shades are a popular window treatment made with renewable materials such as bamboo, reeds, and grasses. They are woven together to create a textured look that provides privacy and filters the light entering your home. They come in a wide variety of colors and styles, making them a versatile option for any room in your home.
Benefits of Natural Shades
There are several benefits to choosing woven wood shades for your home.
- Made from natural, eco-friendly materials, including reeds, grasses, and bamboo.
- They provide privacy and security by obscuring the view into your home.
- Add a touch of natural beauty to any room and help to create a warm and inviting atmosphere.
- Light-filtering and glare-reducing. This can be especially beneficial in rooms where you want to maintain a calm and relaxing environment, such as the bedroom or the living room.
- A natural insulator, which helps to keep your home cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter.
- Light-filtering or blackout liner options are available.
Durability and Style
Reed and bamboo shades come in a variety of colors and styles. They are durable, resistant to fading, and maintain their color over time. The natural textures add a touch of natural beauty, making them a popular option for any room.
Blackout or Light-Filtering Liner
One of the main benefits is that they provide a great level of light control. They are available with light-filtering liners that allow you to control the amount of natural light entering your room, giving you a combination of beauty and privacy.
Darkening liner options are available if you’re looking for a window shade that provides complete privacy. Privacy and blackout liners are available in a variety of colors and styles, making them the perfect choice for any room where you want to block out all light.
Choosing Openness Levels
Another benefit is that they come in a variety of openness levels. This means that you can choose the level of privacy that you want for your home. A higher openness level allows more light to enter your home, making them perfect for rooms where you want to maintain a bright and airy atmosphere. A lower openness level provides more privacy and reduces the amount of light entering your home.
Classic Fold vs. Flat Fold
When choosing woven wood shades, you’ll need to decide whether you want a classic fold or flat fold.
- A classic fold is the traditional way of folding woven wood shades and gives them a more tailored look.
- Flat fold woven wood shades is a newer style that offers a more contemporary look.
You can choose to add a valance to your woven wood shades for a more finished look. Valances are available in a variety of colors and styles, so you can find one that complements the shades in your home. The valance covers the top of the window and hides the cords and brackets that hold the shade in place.
You can also add edge banding (edge binding) to your shades for a more finished look. Edge banding is available in various colors and styles, so you can find one that complements the shades in your home. The edge banding will cover the raw edges of the shade, making them less visible.
When choosing woven wood shades, you’ll need to decide on the best lift options for you. Lift options include standard cord, motorized, continuous cord loop, and cordless designs.
- Cordless shades are a great option for homes with children or pets.
- Standard cord shades are the most common type and are a great option for any home.
- Motorized shades are a great option for hard-to-reach windows or for people with disabilities.
- Continuous cord loop allows you to raise and lower your shades without tying or untying the cords each time.
Caring For Your Woven Wood Shades
Caring for woven wood shades is easy. You can dust them with a soft cloth or vacuum them with an upholstery attachment. If they become dirty, you can clean them with a damp cloth and mild detergent. Do not use harsh chemicals or bleach, as they can damage the woven wood shades.
Woven wood shades are made from renewable resources and are a great option for any home. They come in a variety of colors, styles, and openness levels. They are made from natural materials, making them durable and resistant to fading. They also come with a variety of lift options so that you can find the perfect woven wood shade for your needs. Caring for woven wood shades is easy, making them a perfect option for busy families.
If you are looking for artisan-inspired woven wood shades in Denver or Greenwood Village, contact our house design consultants today!