Patio and Sliding Glass Door Window Treatments
Window treatments for patio and sliding glass doors are important considerations when sprucing up your home. They add privacy and protection against the sun and wind while enhancing your décor. Window treatment options for your patio and sliding glass doors include curtains, blinds, shutters, and panel tracks.
Curtains are a popular window treatment for patio and French doors because they are relatively inexpensive and offer a wide range of style options.
- Curtains can be made from various materials, including lightweight fabrics like cotton or linen, or heavier fabrics like velvet or tapestry.
- When choosing patio door curtains, it’s important to consider the amount of light you want to be able to control and the level of privacy you need.
- Sheer curtains let in natural light and offer little privacy, while blackout curtains block out most light and provide maximum privacy.
Window shades are another option. Shades can be made from a variety of materials, including fabric, bamboo, or wood. Shades that open and close easily are a good option for patio doors, as they can be quickly drawn shut to protect against the elements.
Cellular shades are a type of window shade made from honeycomb-shaped cells. They are also relatively inexpensive. Cellular shades are energy efficient because they trap air in the honeycomb-shaped cells and help keep the heat in during the winter and the cool air in during the summer.
Bamboo wood shades are a type of window shade that is made from, you guessed it, bamboo!
- Bamboo is a sustainable resource, so these shades are environmentally friendly.
- Bamboo shades are a popular choice for patio doors and sliding glass doors because they offer good privacy while still allowing some filtered light to enter the room.
- Bamboo shades are also relatively inexpensive and come in a range of colors and styles.
There are various types of fabric shades that can be used for patio doors and sliding glass doors.
- Fabric shades can be made from a variety of materials, including cotton, linen, velvet, or silk.
- Fabric shades offer a wide range of style options and can be customized to match your home’s decor.
- Fabric shades also provide reasonable light control and privacy.
Solar shades are a window shade designed to reflect sunlight and UV rays. Solar shades are a good choice for patio doors and sliding glass doors because they help keep the sun out of your home, improving energy efficiency.
Blinds are an excellent option because they can be made to fit any size window. Blinds come in various styles, including vertical blinds, mini blinds, and cellular shades. Blinds are a good choice if you want light and privacy control.
Vertical blinds are a popular choice for patio doors and sliding glass doors. They are made from a variety of materials, including fabric, vinyl, bamboo, or wood. Vertical blinds come in a variety of colors and styles and can be customized to match your home’s decor. Vertical blinds are also relatively inexpensive and easy to install.
Mini blinds are a type of blind made from small slats of wood, metal, or plastic. Mini blinds are suitable for patio doors and sliding glass doors because they offer good privacy and light control. They come in a variety of colors and styles and can be customized to match your home’s decor.
Panel track blinds are less common but are becoming increasingly popular. Panel tracks consist of a series of panels that slide back and forth on a track, similar to sliding glass doors. They’re hung like vertical blinds, but they don’t have the problems that vertical blinds do. You won’t hear any noise because these panels won’t catch or tangle on each other.
- They offer a sleek, modern look.
- They come in a variety of colors, textures, and materials.
- They provide privacy and light control.
- They’re durable and easy to clean.
Shutter panels are a good option for patio and sliding glass doors because they are durable and provide good privacy. Shutters come in a variety of styles, including plantation shutters and traditional shutters. Shutters have wide louvers that can be opened to let in light, while traditional shutters have narrow louvers that can be opened or closed to control the amount of light coming into the room.
Sliding glass doors and patio door windows can be dressed up with a variety of window treatments, from blinds to drapes. The best treatment for your needs depends on the climate, the view, and your personal style. No matter what you choose, make sure to select a treatment that is easy to operate and maintain.
For custom window treatments to suit your style and needs, contact Wei Wei Drapery Inc. Our experienced design team will help you choose the best window treatments for your home. We offer free onsite measuring and estimates in the Denver and Greenwood Village areas. Call us today at (303) 292-1036.